Yet another DIY superstrat ! I wonder if you could fit another pickup on that pickguard ?
Vaughn Skow tells us more about this guitar on his blog. It’s a 1995 Fender ’62 RI that was already quite modified when he got it. But he modified it some more !
The pickups are :
- Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge position
- Seymour Duncan mini-humbucker
- Texas Special Strat pickup in the neck position (right before the mini-hum)
- Stock American Deluxe Strat in the bridge position (right after the Hot Rails)
- Stock ’62 reissue strat pickup in the middle
Thanks swimming pool cavity for making his life easier !
On some older electric guitars (as well as some replicas, reissues, copies/knock-offs), the bridge is connected to the body via two threaded posts that are screwed directly into the top of the guitar. The bridge itself rests on two knurled nuts that allow for the height of the bridge to be adjusted